The reason I decided to go travelling: the sense of community and love I got from the peers in my community when I was volunteering. This is an intentional community with a concentration on forestry, kindness, vegan food, workshops here and there, and we generally finish work about 12pm, we have a fun wake-up call with songs and community hugging etc, we have a moment of silence before eating and 2 work shifts which are done in a calmer less profit orientated manner. I feel extremely silly, playful, alive and I fit in 5 hours of meditation like activity everyday. I dont get any sense of isolation, loneliness or seperation so I dont think of the future or think too deeply, I still discuss deep things with like minded people and have people to express things without being judged. I think intentional communitys are a big part of spiritual growth its healing. I want to make a few with more of an emphasis on spiritual growth- such as trauma release like eft, kinaesology, hypnosis, reiki, letting go with dance, drumming, chanting, art, emptiness with zen, sharing circles with self expression (oh yes that is pretty cool sharing personal things with 60 people in a circle, shiatsu, qigong, tai chi, yoga, lucid dreaming etc
No comments:
Post a Comment